I purchased a car from Durrett Motors on July 2009 and was assured their vehicles went through an inspection with AutoExam and where free of major damages and defects.I was first of all limited to about 3 cars on their lot because of my credit situation, I test drove all three of them and wasn't convinced and wanted to go home and think about it before I purchased there.

Then Maria Aguilar, their General Sales Manager stepped in and pretty much made me feel like I was worthless and would not get help anywhere else; so pretty much I needed to pick one of the three cars and buy from them. Feeling like no one else would help me, I ended up choosing a 2002 Nissan Altima for a total price of $15,189.16; including finance charges and my down payment of $2,000.00. I have been paying on my car for over a year now and I took it to get appraised, because I wanted to maybe trade it in and have found out it has been wrecked and there has been extensive body and frame repairs and it's only worth $2,000.00. The next day I paid to pull the Car Fax myself and it clearly states there the vehicle has been in a wreck that was reported on 04/18/2006.

Durrett Motors never disclosed to me my vehicle had been through a wreck. I am extremely upset and feel that Durrett Motors has been stealing my hard earned money. I quickly contacted Durrett Motors and spoke to Maria Aguilar and she first tells me that doesn't sound right and hungup on me right away. Then she calls me back a day later and says that I bought my vehicle As Is, I said yes As Is means that if any mechanical or electrical issues arise they are not responsible.

I also emailed Mr. and Mrs. Durrett and have not heard anything since. I contacted the BBB and are in the process of obtaining an Attorney.

Durrett Motors has committed Fraud by not disclosing the Pre Existing condition on the vehicle I bought from them. If I would have known the vehicle had been through a wreck, I would have never purchased it and would have gone elsewhere. It's unfortunate that because of our credit situation we are belittled and placed into a trap. Not only did Durrett Motors sell me a piece of ***, they are wanting me to pay almost Ten Times what the car is really worth.

I do not recoomend Durrett Motors to anyone out there.

There are so many dealerships with higher quality cars that are willing to work with individuals with not so good credit.

Had an Experience with Durrett Motor Company?

Comments

Althought I do not work there anymore, and I was fired, I assure you that mr durrett does not buy his vehicles from the houston auto auction.that is where he sends the junk that is traded in that cannot be fixed and sold.

which is most evrything they take on trade. Craig buys most of his vehicles through the Manheim corporation, which is a nation wide auction that EVERY dealer buys their vehicles from. Although you will pay top dollar for Durrett Motor Companys vehicles, I assure you, its because you've robbed every single other person who has ever loaned you money, and put yourself in such a prediciment that you need to beg for an auto loan. Its still stealing idiots, even if its not paying comcast, or a medical bill.

and that will srew you're credit. and lead you to need something, anything..thats WHY you goto Durrett in the first place. remember how you were helped. every used car breaks down and has flaws.

FIX IT. if your house needs a new roof 2 months fter you move in are you gonna *** to bank of america?

no.your gonna fix it

I also bought a vehicle from this group of idiots!I worked in the car industry for 4 years and have never dealt with anyone so unprofessional in my LIFE!!!

EVERYONE at this company are LIARS && CHEATS! they all work together in their SCAMMING LIES and DECEPTION. BUYER BEWARE....

Osbin your FOS! go back to school and learn how to SPELL!!!

There is nothing wrong with making $$$, but not while cheating and Lying!!!that's called extortion!

Wen you buy a car that is been sold "as is" that means the dame car is sold "as is" dont cry or *** about it, go to carfax.com and pay a mechanic to check the car before you buy it, those two things can cost you about $100 buck, and you can save alot of money if you do that, also how in *** you pay $15,000 dollars for a car that is only wort $2,500 cash,

Next time you buy a used car look on NADA.COM enter the vin# also the miles and you can get alist an idea of how much the car is worth.

You not getting rip off wen they make shiet lot of money,

Its a bussines".

Just be a little smart and I promes you, "you will save money"

You not getting rip off wen they make shiet lot of money,

Its a bussines".

Just be a little smart and I promes you, "you will save money"

Essex, New York, United States #229088

Sorry you had such a horrible deal with Durrett.I've had nothing but good luck with them and have actually bought five vehicles from them.

Craig & Paula have been wonderful to deal with. Maria has even helped with both my sons and thier financial issues.

I can't believe you had such a horrible deal with them.:sigh

Durrett buys all his vehicles at the Houston Auto Auction on the gulf frwy and Hobby auction. Houston auto auction is open to the public and has auctions every wednesday. Save yourself thousands and buy a car there and then if u need to do some minor repairs it wont be a big deal..